Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Celtic Cross
Finally, sunlight had broken through. The winter had dragged on a few weeks longer than it should have, and the general temperature in Equestria was still cold, in a mildly unpleasant way. Fortunately for those who had longed to venture out but who had stayed in because of the temperature, the addition of sunlight provided a welcome change. Along with several other ponies who had chosen to stay indoors at the Royal Library in Canterlot, a green Earth Pony stallion left his book at a table and trotted outside to take a study break in the sunlight. He blinked after stepping out, as his blue-grey eyes adjusted for the sun. After a moment he gave a goofy grin, seeing the clear air, and decided to 'make a break' for a small café two blocks away from the library. With spare bits jingling in a bag, he could practically already taste the pleasantly bitter taste of black coffee and smell the pastries that seemed regularly prepared.
Fable Daydreams
The mare out of breath, listened trying to cover her face with her mane, as her eyes filled with tears. “Her name is Mary, her coat color is a light peach, her mane is brow, h-her eyes are brown…” She began to sob, and turn her head left and right trying to see if she might catch a glimpse of her.
Celtic Cross
Celtic raised a hoof in front of the white mare's face, and tried to make eye contact with her. Nothing productive was going to happen if everypony lost their proverbial marbles, so the first thing he thought should be done is to calm her down. "Hey, hey now... slow down. Take a breath, clear your head, okay?" He took a breath himself, and gave s quick sigh before speaking further. "I find it hard to believe that anypony'd hurt... uhh, Mary. So she ran off someplace... it's only natural with the sun finally out. What are some of her favorite things to do?" He kept his blue-grey eyes fixed on the mare this time, hoping her answer would lead logically to a certain location.
Fable Daydreams
She looked back at him, she was still shaken up, but she did as she was told, wiped her tears and took more than one deep breath. “She likes to talk and eat and… and play on the parks swings, and pick flowers, oh how she loves to pick flowers, she also likes being told stories, my little Mary…” she quivers as a small breeze passes by.
Celtic Cross
The stallion nodded, considering what the Unicorn had told him. After a quick moment, seeing that she had taken a breath and calmed down a bit, he spoke his thoughts in the form of questions. He had always found prudency in gathering plenty of research information before trying to apply it... this case shouldn't be taken care of any differently. "So then her favorite places would be at, what, the Royal Gardens, the City Park, and the Library? Or... perhaps a bookstore?"
Fable Daydreams
The mares ears perked up, as she gasped “yes!” She nodded in agreement, she stated to dust off some of the mud on her hooves, that already had started to get hard.
Celtic Cross
“Alright, Miss... which place do you think we aught to check first?” Celtic looked at her expectantly. He also found himself wondering how she had managed to get so muddy. Some ponies seemed to have a specific lack of luck.
Fable Daydreams
“The park!, definitely the park” She quickly started trotting towards the park, which was to are left, she then stopped and giggled, as she had totally forgotten to wait for the helpful stallion, which she just left behind. “Sorry”
Celtic Cross
"All good!" Celtic Cross trotted quickly forward to catch up to the white Unicorn, and turned in the direction of the park with her. She seemed to be extremely energetic and had gotten a bit of hope back, so he just gave a slight smile of mild content and let her take the lead. He wondered what kind of energetic randomness would cause somepony to crash back and forth between forgetfulness and remembrance like that... she must have had a lot on her hooves, or at least so he thought.
Fable Daydreams
“Oh! by the way, the names Fable, Fable Daydreams.” both ponies would be walking for a few more minutes before they got to Canterlots enclosed park, once they did. Fable noticed the front gate was left open, which was not common at these hours. “How strange” She walked in looking around.
Celtic Cross
"Yup, nice to meet you. I was wondering when you were going to let me know your name in return!" Celtic laughed a little and trotted with Fable, until they reached the park. It wasn't far, but the sun was already setting. Because of the sun setting, the air was getting a bit colder once more, and the stallion was somewhat certain that he could see his breath a little bit, once again. To test this theory, he breathed out gently, trying to allow for the hottest breath possible. Sure enough, he could see the faintest trace of steam before his face. When the Unicorn next to him commented that something seemed strange, he looked at her curiously. "What's strange about it? The sun is still out, after all."
Fable Daydreams
“Listen.” there was silence in the cold air “no noise, no laughter, and yet the gate is wide open, she must be in here somewhere!” Fable trots around calling out Marys name, as it got colder she tried to warm up the best she could. “The poor filly doesn't even have a coat…”
Celtic Cross
The green stallion nodded and trotted into the park, hoping to find the filly and have the ordeal over with quickly. It seemed a mixture of caring about the young one and trying to get to the coffee shop before closing time. He looked around after making his way through the gate, and then advanced forward, along the main path and towards a playground that he remembered as being there.
Fable Daydreams
Fables ears perked up as she heard a soft cry. "Mary!" She stumbled through the playground trying to get closer to the noise. "Celtic! I think i heard her!" She was currently looking under a large slide, where at the end there seamed to be a hole dug just recently, She took a small peak and squealed. "Mary! oh darling!" She quickly helped her out and gave her my jacket, for she was iceberg cold, Fable held her close as she tried to look around for her helpful stallion friend.
Celtic Cross
Celtic Cross, hearing the commotion, followed after the Unicorn and looked down as the little one got wrapped up. He knelt down, getting his belly down to the ground. “I can carry her, if you want. Poor thing probably doesn’t have much energy after her illicit playtime.”
Fable Daydreams
Fable more shook up then ever, held her close and tight not wanting to let go of the small filly. "Common Mary get up" She called her up and dusted the sand of the both of us. Mary looked over at you and curiously walked over to you and looked back at me. “He's good, he helped me find you, silly filly.” Fable strokes her mane and looks back at you nodding in agreement, to your request.