Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Azure would smile as they did indeed arrive at the station with a little time to spare, as she had predicted. She looked over at Phantom Mane and smiles at him "Indeed we did, and love, I know you feel bad for not carrying my bags as well, but unless either of us find a way to use magic, I wouldn't want you to strain yourself, okay love" she says to him as she had set her bags down and sat on a bench to await their train.
Phantom Mane
While Phantom had remained awake the whole time, he hadn't been paying much attention to the scenery. His attention had been focused primarily on Azure and making sure she didn't slip off the seat. It was enough to allow him to rest without unwelcome thoughts intruding and without actually sleeping. He nuzzled the top of the stretching mare's head before craning his neck to see out the window and check for himself if it was indeed their stop. Seeing a sign for Ponyville he replied, "I think so. You ready to get up?"
Mint Leaf
She nods, nuzzling him once more before standing up "Indeed love" she says, kissing the side of his muzzle "Come, let us stretch our legs, then we can go see the house I told you about, and then we can even see if we can have a talk with the teacher at the schoolhouse"
Phantom Mane
He gave her a goofy grin at the smooch before he rolled over off the bench to stand beside her. "I'm ready when you are," he said, "Just lead the way!"
Mint Leaf
She smiles and nods, beginning to lead the way, carrying her luggage as she looked around the small, peaceful and quiet town.
Phantom Mane
He took up his own and followed close behind. It wasn't just out of politeness that he let her go first, the train wasn't very wide and there wasn't enough room to walk side-by-side. This was soon rectified as they stepped off onto the platform, fortunately.
Phantom couldn't help but marvel at how different this place was from everywhere else he'd been thus far, with the exception of their last stop of course. It was fairly quiet for one thing. The platform was mostly empty, though there were a few other ponies mingling about, perhaps waiting on friends or family members getting off the train. Perhaps still other were seeing them off. Whatever the case it seemed to be a place of mixed emotions, though all were undercut by excitement, either to be heading off to see some new place or to be coming home again. For Phantom it was the former as he eagerly took it all in!
Mint Leaf
After they exited the train and set hoof on the platform, Azure would put her luggage down for a moment "It never ceases to amaze me, just how such a small town can be so economically successful" she says with a smile, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the quiet atmosphere.
Phantom Mane
Phantom put down his baggage next to her and nodded thoughtfully. "I suppose they must be self-sufficient to a certain degree," he replied, "I guess they've probably got the essentials in the form of farms and such. I'd say they probably just trade for commodities, if I had to guess." It wasn't really important, anyway. As a result of the reduced trading, it ended up being much quieter than he was used to. It was almost disturbing how quiet it was by comparison but not quite! Actually, he thought he could get used to this!
Mint Leaf
She smiles and nods "Well lets get on over to the hotel, get into our rooms and put our luggage away, so that we're not carrying it around while looking at the house and the school"
Phantom Mane
"That's a good idea," he agreed, "I have a feeling I'm still going to need a massage later, though. My neck IS feeling a little sore after carrying this thing around~" He gave her a wink in case she thought he was actually in pain for he was not. The baggage was heavy but not so much as to cause injury. "Would I be right in guessing somepony else might be interested in one as well?" he added slyly.
Mint Leaf
Azure smiles "I would absolutely love a massage, love" she says "And you're right, my neck is also rather stiff from carrying our luggage" she says, leading the way to the hotel.
Phantom Mane
He grinned and said through a mouthful of bag-strap, "Your wish is my command!" At least, that was what he tried to say but it came out muffled and indistinct. Ah, well. He'd just have to tell her when they got there. It amazed him how he'd been able to understand her as she was also carrying her baggage but he supposed that just came with time. Anyway, she was quite amazing with her lips, as he well knew! Talking though the handle was probably a piece of cake for her.
Mint Leaf
She smiled, swaying her hips and tail slightly as she trotted on the way to the hotel. When they arrived, it wasn't as classy as the ones in the Empire or Canterlot, but it still looked rather nice.
Phantom Mane
Phantom was looking around them with curiosity. This town was unlike any other he'd yet seen! The houses, for example, were made of wood instead of crystal. That wasn't all that surprising, though, he'd known the Crystal Empire was unique in that regard. What surprised him most about them is the use of... straw? Yes, he was pretty sure it was straw that made up the roof of most of the houses they'd passed on the way to the hotel! What in Equestria had made them decide to use that?!
He blinked and brought his attention back to the present. It appeared they had arrived according to the sign over the door that read 'Hotel.' While it really wasn't the fanciest place he'd seen, he was excited just the same. "I guess this must be it," he said, setting down his bag to hold the door open for Azure.
Mint Leaf
She nods "It sure is" she says, leading the way into the hotel, putting her luggage down and making her way to the front desk, where she tells the mare there about their reservations. She is then given their keys and goes back to Phantom "alright honey, this way" she says, leading the way to their room.
Phantom Mane
He picked up his bag and followed close behind her, taking in the rather simplistic décor. It wasn't the most stylish building, to be sure but it had a certain rustic charm to it in his opinion. It had all the essentials and a few comforts, anyway, so he could hardly complain. None of that mattered all that much to him, though, because Azure was there. As long as she was there, he was happy.