Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Seir
For this week's event I'd like to contribute not with demons (even though I really like their lore) but with the Wendigo.
The Wendigo lore originated from North America, for anybody who doesn't know what this monster is all about, well he likes to eat people, inhabits North America's dense forests and has been described in various ways but the one I'm familiar with has the appearance of a decaying creature that stands in two legs and looks somewhat human but has big antlers or sometimes the entire decaying head of a deer/moose for a head. Wendigo's hunger -much like my own- is insatiable and can only be satisfied by human flesh.
I like the Wendigo tale because it has been described as a monster but also as a spirit that is able to possess people into committing cannibalism, which I find to be a lot easily to bring into reality and for that reason I think it is scarier but also incredibly interesting. There have been cases, particularly during winter where it snows heavily and food can become scarce, that people have found themselves in dire situations -because of the aforementioned crude winter seasons- and have resorted to forms of cannibalism and it could be attributed to this monster.