Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Viewing Single Post
Seir
I love cake so I'll post a cake recipe that could very much be a summer recipe since it's cold and it has fruit in it:
Pastel 3 leches con frutas. (3 milks cake with fruit)
For the Batter (24cm mold)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of refined white sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
Oven at 350 F (170 C)
For the topping
- Chantilly cream (It's super easy to make, there's lots of examples on youtube)
- Your favorite fruits. I think this one works wonders with strawberries, peaches, kiwi, mango, blueberries or blackberries and green grapes
For the 3 leches mix
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of table cream or light whipping cream
You want to start with your batter first, this recipe uses a sponge cake batter. For sponge cake you have to beat the eggs with your vanilla until they're very airy and fluffy, when they've doubled in size you will very gently start pouring your sugar into the mix, you want to do it slowly and if possible with sifter so you won't lose the air in the mixture.
In another bowl you will sift the flour and baking powder. Once your sugar has been completely incorporated into your egg mixture you will slowly add the dry ingredients into it with the sifter. You will gently fold both mixes together with a rubber ended spatula. After that you will add the milk and fold it in quickly too.
Once your batter is ready you will pour it into your previously greased mold. It's very important that you grease it correctly with butter and flour so your cake won't stick to the mold >:c...Then you shove it into the oven for aprox. 25 minutes or until you can stab it with a fork and the fork comes out clean.
As soon as your cake's out of the oven you will want to put it into a large enough plate, the 3 leches cake is a wet cake so you have to take that into account. You might want to have a larger bowl so that the 3 milks mixture won't pour all over your table. Now that the cake is mounted on the plate that it will be served on, you set it aside and let it cool off and start working on your 3 milks.
You basically just grab the condensed milk, evaporated milk and the table cream and mix them. That's it.
Now you go back to your cake, hopefully it is colder now, you divide it by the middle (that's where the goodness goes) and pour half your 3 milks mix all over that exposed half. Then chill your cake, put it into the fridge or idk, it has to be chill so that when you apply your whipping cream to it, it won't crumb.
After that you will want to get your fruits ready, chop whatever you have to chop and set it aside. Make sure to leave some pretty looking fruits and wedges for your top of the cake. I like to top mines with half strawberries, peach and mango wedges, Kiwi circles and either blackberries, blueberries or cherries.
Then you make your chantilly cream, spoiler alert: Chantilly creams only have 3 ingredients, the whipping cream, the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract. You whip the cream with the vanilla and sugar until it gets all fluffy and awesome and that's it.
Now you ensemble your cake. You add a generous amount of chantilly to your cake's lower half and then add your fruit filling too. Then you put the top of your cake back on. Then you proceed to gracefully pour the rest of the 3 milks onto the top layer. You then coat the rest of the cake with chantilly. Get creative, use pastry tips to make cute designs with the chantilly and whatnot. Put the rest of your fruits on the very top of it and refrigerate it.
You can eat it whenever you want but this cake does taste a lot better when it is cold and it's great. I hope you guys like it too.