Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Viewing Single Post
Basalt Alltrades
So mine is 2-part, because screw the rules, I have recipes!
I apologize for the super rough estimations and large portion sizes, I like to be involved when I cook, cook a lot, keep it simple with purchased amounts, ALWAYS have a butt load of spices on hand, and wing a lot of it. I usually make this when friends get sick in summer and make a whole bunch to share because I hate wasting the pseudo-broth you get from boiling chicken.
Ingredients:
8 pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs (or breasts, i guess)
10 red peppers (or less, i like peppers, okay?)
1 large bag yolk-free egg noodles
fluffy italian rolls
bag of carrots
bunch of celery
garlic powder (not garlic salt)
oregano
pepper
salt
a small pony (preferably applejack)
extra virgin olive oil (or regular olive oil, you dweeb, but extra virgin is just better)
1) take 4 of the chicken thighs, slice in half along the longest axes, so, hamburger style from elementary school, so they cook faster, and toss in a pot with water and boil until cooked
2) while boiling, begin roasting red peppers in the oven at bake 400°F, turning about every 12 minutes, until all sides look kinda charred, but they won't be burnt unless you leave them in for too long, and they roast better if they have some space between themselves
3) chop other 4 chicken thighs into cubes, i suggest 1/2" at the smallest, while pot is boiling and peppers are beginning to roast, keep an eye on everything and you'll be fine
4) remove chicken thighs from pot when done and cool, because burning your fingers is for losers, and throw the cubed chicken thighs in
5) continue roasting peppers while you chop carrots and celery into slices, i suggest 1/2 cup of each for every chicken thigh, 2/3 cup for each chicken breast, but it can be more or less
6) add chopped veggies to boiling chicken along with oregano, salt, and pepper to taste, more spices should be added before noodles if necessary, bring back to boil for about 5 minutes
7) roasted peppers should be done somewhere in here or later depending on how you stacked them up in the oven, when they are done, toss them in a bowl or pot of appropriate size and cover for about 15~20 minutes, this lets them steam themselves and makes it easier to peel the skin from the flesh
8) now gaze lovingly at your pony of choice (applejack) and think about what friends you're gonna chat with later (me, pick me) while you wait for the timer on the boiling pot
9) add noodles and cook to directions, adding spice now, if needed, before noodles cook, soup is ready, it makes a good dinner with people over to share, make sure you get enough fluffy italian rolls
10) cut open peppers heigth-wise, carefully, there is liquid inside and they may still be very hot, pouring pepper liquid into chicken soup (optional, i think it adds some zing) and removing the stem and seeds. (not optional) the skin on the peppers should be pliable enough that you can strip it from the pepper flesh and toss the flesh into another container to be dealt with later and throw the skin away like the trash rarity is
11) ensure roasted peppers and boiled chicken are refridgerated while you happily consume foodstuffs acquired and prepared
12) some time that night or the next day, i dunno, i'm not your mom, (clean your room) grab the pepper flesh and continue slicing height-wise into strips about 1/4" wide
13) MANHANDLE THOSE THIGHS
13 1/2) take the boiled chicken thighs and shred them into shredded bits to add to the peppers, i just use my hands, it's kind of annoying any other way i've tried
14) mix shredded chicken and sliced peppers together with enough olive oil to lightly coat them, then add garlic powder and salt to taste, MAKING SURE TO MIX THOROUGHLY
15) keep chicken pepper "salad" cold and serve with fluffy italian rolls for best results (in my expert opinion)