Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Viewing Single Post
Butterscotch Ormand
My mother always likes to invite a bunch of her co-workers over and have a huge cookout during holidays or for summer weekends. She works as a researcher, so we get a very multi cultural group together for this, including many Muslims, and Hindus, and usually a Sikh and a Buddhist. Because of this, we can't do the traditional pork and beef galore American cookout, and need to have plenty of vegetarian options ready.
So instead, we all get together and cook a large, Indian style meal. There are usually a ton of dishes served (because we are feeding like 20 people from different cultural backgrounds) but my favorite part has to be the lamb curry we make. We cook an entire leg, so we usually have leftovers for days. I love this because everyone works together in the kitchen, so we have people who grew up in India with this food directing everyone.
I also love it because it comes out very spicy. Not like Chinese restaurant "we have three little drawings of a pepper to indicate this is 'very' spicy, but it's not really" spicy. More like "this can be put outside for a week straight and not go bad" spicy. I've always had an affinity for spicy food, and this stuff really hits the spot.
Sorry I couldn't post a specific recipe, because I usually get put on a different dish each time and we measure by eye. But it's freaking good.