Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Star Catcher
STORY
For centuries, Equestria has stood as one of the most prosperous nations in the known world. In spite of the hardships that threatened to break the nation apart long ago, ponykind has managed to band together to form a strong nation under the joint rule of the cosmic Princesses. That is not, however, to say that the nation has had its fair share of threats. History has told us of Nightmare Moon, of Discord and Tirek, of the mad Storm King and his legion. History has told us of the once-great changeling swarm, of the proud dragons, of the nomadic zebras and stubborn yaks.
For the past few years, a group of six friends have stood as Equestria's greatest heroes. Time after time they have been called upon to quiet threats of dissent, of the deconstruction of harmony, to combat threats to the crown, and to defend friendships. While historians may argue that the last point may be somewhat out there compared to the gravity of the other three, it is truthfully the most important of them all, as without the magic of friendship and harmony, it is believed that Equestria could have been lost to the frozen wastes before its founding.
But what of the rest of Equestria? Yes, everypony knows of the adventures of Twilight Sparkle, her friends, and the Elements of Harmony. But theirs are not the only stories to be told.
CONCEPT
Legends of Equestria is a roleplay that takes place during the events of FiM, rather than as a continuation. My intent is for this page to be something of a hub for multiple roleplays, all of which take place in different locations within Equestria (the idea behind this is trying to mitigate any sort of contrivance for why ponies would be in a specific location or would be friends with other ponies).
Establish your own OC, take them on adventures in a certain location or neighboring areas. Use the variable location as an excuse to experiment with new character ideas. Go on daring adventures, or solve interpersonal relations at home. Be creative. Most importantly, what matters is that you all have fun. Legends of Equestria is meant to accommodate players looking for any sort of play, so if you're worried that your character may be too violent or stay-at-home for the available adventures, you don't have to worry, because there's a good chance there'll be a play coming soon just for you.
Orion Pink
This sounds interesting. Can I join?
Captain Sky N Nova
This looks interesting but none of my characters really fit in the show's canon very well. Thats what I get for making characters for Derpibooru threads. Regardless I might try to pop in here.
Star Catcher
@Orion Yeah. But you don't join this, I intend on making multiple roleplays off this idea.
@Sky Nebulon I'm glad to hear. And don't worry, I'm alright with people playing canons.
Last update on December 10, 11:20 am by Star Catcher.
Captain Sky N Nova
What was that?
Daddy Cambia
Cambia was directly responsible for every major disaster faced by the Mane Six.
Captain Sky N Nova
Seems I got ninja'd. Anyways I'll see what I can do.
Orion Pink
@Orion Yeah. But you don't join this, I intend on making multiple roleplays off this idea..
Oh. Ok then. Can't wait to see what you got in store on this
Krashface
You know what? I join.
EquestrianScholar
I'd be willing to join in, seems like it can become a lot of fun.
Last update on December 10, 7:44 pm by EquestrianScholar.
Star Catcher
I'm pleased to announce that the first play has been opened up for business. Seeking a Trixie as far as canons are concerned, but I can play her if nopony is up to the role. Ask me about other canons and I'll be happy to discuss how they may be in the area to help.
https://canterlotavenue.com/forum/thread/32/legends-of-equestria-the-performers-pride-slice-of-life-acting-within-rolep/