Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Viewing Single Post
Starlit Spackle
There you go, two posts on the same day. I spoil you guys too much. Time to go to sleep and wake up 9 months later. Fuck off.
NAME
Brody Dusk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM
SEX
Male
SPECIES
Pony - Pegasus
BODY COLOUR
White Cream (#FCFCF
Close your brackets you absolute MONSTER
MANE COLOUR
lighter shades of Black, idk the name (#2D2E30 and #3A3B3F)
Black’s a shade so your statement is redundant.
EYE COLOUR
Emerald (#09F900)
God that scarf makes you look 11 shades of hipster smug and I hate it.
FOALHOOD
Born in Trottingham and loved the music that came out from the city. after his development of his intrest in music he went through grade school at a academy in the far east, taking enjoyment in music, kendo, and reading.
I’m going to put exactly as much effort as you put into your description into my response.
CUTIE MARK
" alt="" class="parsed_image" /
Red Stratocaster (#C12206) cant find the old file
Holy shit you *are* hipster smug.
CUTIE MARK STORY
When he was 7, he gave a small family concert while his uncle was in town. He borrowed his uncle's stratocaster and amp to play and began playing. As he was playing, the mark appeared.
What situation caused him to have a concert? How did his parent’s upbringing motivate him to take up music? What sort of person was his uncle, and why did he have a stratocaster? Also I’d like to point out that the stratocaster design is so overused at this point it’s the pumpkin spice of string instruments.
Fucking basic.
PERSONALITY
He is extremely extroverted. He can start up a conversation about anything. He lacks a bit of a filter between his brain and mouth and can end up rambling or saying some odd stuff. He is extremely hyperactive and always must be doing something, whether it be fiddling with something, tapping his hooves, or twitching his ears. He can’t multitask, but he works when he’s focused in on one thing. Generally happy and positive so there is a smirk on his face most of the time.
For someone who talks so much and has talked so much throughout his entire life you think he’d be smart enough to fix the retard link between brain and mouth. I’d also suggest using a word other than hyperactive because it gives the incorrect connotation. Restless would probably be better.
He can’t multitask, but he works when he’s focused in on one thing.
So basically, he’s like 78% of the population? I don’t give a shit about this, tell me something interesting.
Guitar, Koto, Sawdust, and coffee with more cream than actual coffee
Fuck off with the lists and give me some details.
DISLIKES
Grannysmith apples, tuning instruments, and grainy textures
Again, fuck your lists tell me something I actually give a shit about.
tuning instruments
Fuck you tuning bagpipes is amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTYLQiVn_Ck
SKILLS
Making instruments and playing those same instruments, Kendo,
How come it’s taken you this long to mention that you build your own instruments? That’s the first part of this character I actually cared about and want to see more of. Build on this.
DETAILED HISTORY
Brody was born in the old mining city of Trottingham. His mother Azure and father Shiloh raised him up there for the first part of his life. His mother and father both worked as instrument repair ponies, fixing almost every instrument brought to them. His first home was a decently sized cabin in the wooded area outside of town with a work shed in the back yard. The Cabin was large enough to fit them all and was extremely nice. His room was on the top floor (2nd floor) of the cabin where he was able to climb through a window and sit on the roof during starlit nights. The town was prominent for its raw resources, but with the many ponies that came, music followed. While the northern region of the city was more original-mining-town, the southern was artsy and filled with music and colorful scenes. He loved music as a kid, especially string instruments. His first instrument was a ukulele, due to his small size as a child. He couldn’t play or hold it properly, but that didn’t stop him from trying to play.
When he was 6, his family took him to a far eastern land, close to the outlands, to experience the culture. It was to be a vacation, but an interest from the whole family took hold of a new endeavor. The ancient culture was full of sounds and activities he dearly loved. His parents had decided that there was ample money to be made there, renovating and fixing old and broken instruments and they settled down there for a bit. Brody became integrated with the language and the music. He was schooled and took part in several of his academy’s clubs. Besides music, he enjoyed kendo and reading. The main reason he liked kendo was he wanted to swing a sword, even if it wasn’t a REAL sword. He made a couple close friends in kendo; many he still writes to this day. When he hit 18 and graduated, he headed back home to Equestria to look for work.
He signed on to an apprenticeship to work with his Uncle River, who made Violas in Canterlot. It was fun work and he was lucky enough to find a dojo nearby to keep up his fascination in swinging a bamboo sword. Eventually he became a part-time instructor at the dojo on days he had off. Canterlot wasn’t his favorite city though. He enjoyed working for his uncle but he felt the city was too crowded and there wasn’t enough natural landscape. So, after his apprenticeship he packed up and moved back to Trottingham. One of his old kendo buddies met up and they both paired up to move into the house Brody used to live in. Brody took his old room and used the small work shed in the back to repair instruments, just like his parents. Brody still did kendo work with his old buddy at the new dojo that he (the roommate) opened. Now he spends his free time either doing personal projects or traveling across Equestria and experiencing the music each town had.
So
Shiloh
I pronounced this in my head uncomfortably close to Shelob and now I can’t stop thinking your character’s a spider. Thanks.
His mother and father both worked as instrument repair ponies, fixing almost every instrument brought to them
So I get it. Doing an obscure blue collar job and making a living out of it is romantic, expecially when you combine it with the small humble hut trope. But holy fuck please make it realistic. Do they literally only repair this shit? How do they get enough business to support themselves? Can’t they sell instruments as well? Can’t they be a dealer and have shit going on with orchestras? Contracts? You know, actually interesting details?
decently sized cabin
My definition and your definition of decently is different. Specify. Don’t use measurements because that’s dumb.
While the northern region of the city was more original-mining-town, the southern was artsy and filled with music and colorful scenes.
So the northern town actually gets stuff done and the southern part is full of liberal arts majors that don’t contribute to the economy in any tangible way?
He couldn’t play or hold it properly,
What a nerd.
When he was 6, his family took him to a far eastern land, close to the outlands, to experience the culture.
Good thing he doesn’t live on earth otherwise the culture’d be coming to him.
His parents had decided that there was ample money to be made there, renovating and fixing old and broken instruments and they settled down there for a bit.
I, too, can learn to repair ancient instruments that I’ve never seen before in my life while I’m on vacation and spontaneously decide to immigrate there.
Business back in the mining town must have been absolute shit. But then how did they get enough money to go on a vacation? Did I just stumble into Rian Johnson’s mind?
----
The rest of your description is so boring and by the numbers I didn’t finish reading it. Nothing is interesting, you’re just telling me what happened. None of this is giving me any information on who your character is, or why they do what they do. I couldn’t give a shit what brand of bullshit martial art you decide to do, I want to know why it’s important to you. I wanna know what led up to him being an instructor. I don’t give a fuck what he’s an instructor of I wanna know why he did it.
Physical Attributes: 3
Psychological Attributes: 2
Historical Attributes: 2
Unity: 1
No extra points.
Total: 8
Verdict: Requires immediate incineration
TLDR: If San Francisco was an OC. With approximately 100% less obnoxious homosexuality.