Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
Viewing Single Post
Starlit Spackle
NAME
Mysti Synphorrnia
Ah, when the naming strategy of mid 30s lower class women and late teenage males collide. We have Misty spelled incorrectly to try and be unique, and a butchering of Symphony and Horny. I wonder how much cheetah print I will be exposed to in this entry.
SEX
Female
SPECIES
Pony - Unicorn
BODY COLOUR
F3E7F1
MANE COLOUR
(Multicolored)
EYE COLOUR
827C80
OK if your ears are always down then you are just spending your entire life with the equine equivalent of resting bitch face. Only instead of looking bitchy you just look like you’re scared of everything, likely including your own shadow. How the hell can anyone take you seriously with that.
FOALHOOD
Most is a blur to her as she continues to age.
Nothing really happened as she was younger. The markings on her are for show, but they are there because Mysti's mom made a deal with a shady man, which Mysti's mother was marked. Now, Mysti and her sister Saffron are marked/branded.
Originally, it was going to be the mark was from the devil or a demon, but instead I've changed it and stated it's just been from an all powerful unicorn who trades you whatever you want in exchange for a 15-20 of their lifespan removed and given to him.
Most is a blur to her as she continues to age.
This might expose me as the boomer I am but this hits too close to home.
The markings on her are for show, but they are there because Mysti's mom made a deal with a shady man, which Mysti's mother was marked. Now, Mysti and her sister Saffron are marked/branded.
I've changed it and stated it's just been from an all powerful unicorn who trades you whatever you want in exchange for a 15-20 of their lifespan removed and given to him.
This is the exact OPPOSITE OF JUST FOR SHOW. This is important shit right here. This is interesting! This is unique! We haven’t gotten past your background and you already have more potential than most of the OCs that pass through this door have. Please expand upon this, I wanna know the who what when wheres and whys about this marking. I wanna know what your character feels about the marks. I get that you say they are just for show, is that what your character thinks? Does your character wear it like fashion unaware of the deeper implications of what it actually means?
There’s so much potential here I don’t want it to be squandered.
her sister Saffron
Here’s a sentence telling you to watch Firefly if you haven’t already.
it's just been from an all powerful unicorn who trades you whatever you want in exchange for a 15-20 of their lifespan
I would like the character sheet for this absolute chad submitted here. I wanna know how he manages to grant anything someone wants, or is he just a really good con artist? Hmmmm
But really this is weak and lacks any specific detail. Needs to be expanded.
CUTIE MARK
Pierced heart with a sword. meaning she is precise with her blade (but this doesn't make her obviously a god tier swordman or anything similar)
I’d hope not since there’s nothing in the backstory that tells me anything remotely close to being involved with swords.
CUTIE MARK STORY
Ran away for a few weeks from her parents and younger sister. She spent about 20 days training to herself out in where ever she was. She was obviously filthy and starving, as she didn't pack too much food with her originally. She obtained it about 17 days away from her home from finally being able to do her "ultimate training" which was basically just stabbing things in located places, doing so in a timed manner, all while keeping her guard up. Underwhelming, she got it while finishing her training, when she ultimately assumed she'd get her cutie mark once she did testing for being a royal knight. Especially since she was given her mark when she was at her absolute lowest, starving, filthy, she passed out from exhaustion. Eventually, she was found and returned home.
THOUGH;
she simply lies and says she defeated a "bulky, strong stallion" and easily got her cutie mark then.
Wait wait wait hold on here for a second. You’re trying to tell me that you ran away from home with very little food, went out into the middle of nowhere to practice HEMA by yourself, and at the end the only thing you learned was called thrusts while not being an idiot and that’s what gave you your cutie mark? What the hell about that is character defining? Is it the poor planning, poor execution, or the abysmal idea of being able to train yourself in using a sword when you don’t have the damndest clue on how to thrust in the first place? What the actual fuck is this supposed to represent for you? To me, it sounds like your cutie mark represents your willingness to stab yourself in the back for no reason and somehow still come out the other side alive.
This is weak.
she simply lies and says she defeated a "bulky, strong stallion" and easily got her cutie mark then.
Nothing says cutie mark like casually admitting to murder after being in the bush.
PERSONALITY
Cynical, judgmental, honestly a bitch. Typical tsundere personality though.
Oh look, a personality that’s almost identical to mine.
Sweets, obsessive training, her "battle scars", appearing cool, collecting occult stuff for interest and "looking cool", cats, sleeping
I see that your character is more interested in being perceived as cool rather than actually being cool. The obsessive training is more a front to be able to wrap a good story about how much effort that you put into your life while simultaneously not actually achieving all that much, isn’t it?
DISLIKES
Eating, beaches, idle conversations.
Who the fuck doesn’t like eating. I can take surviving in the bush for 20 days without any survival training while supposedly training your HEMA techniques with no food and getting your cutie mark but disliking EATING!? That’s way too unrealistic.
SKILLS
Honestly, not much besides being average with a sword, yet fast, flexible, and evasive due to her smaller than normal sizing. She's basically mediocre in everything else because she doesn't bother to strive to be a better person.
Don’t have much to say here. Wanna be small and fast? Sure, no problem. Wanna be mediocre and not want to take advantage of one of the most important sections to lay out what makes your character interesting and worth taking the time out of my day to look it over? Sure, whatever.
DETAILED HISTORY
There's not much to her tbh. She is honestly generic up to now, mediocre grades, small group of friends, typical stuff.
I can type several paragraphs about her having an average life with her family and friends, but it'd just be boring.
Of recent years, she's been actually developing as a character through interaction with other people with roleplaying.
As of lately, the most interesting thing about Mysti is that she had to fight a Ursa Minor with a few guards. Some died, some were badly hurt (as she was), and it honestly changed her to be more dependent on people. Seeing how fast someones life can go, she's less hostile and not as cynical over the years, but that's literally all of her personality, being a huge bitch.
Mysti may be the most boring character I have because she's more RP based.
There's not much to her tbh. She is honestly generic up to now, mediocre grades, small group of friends, typical stuff.
I can type several paragraphs about her having an average life with her family and friends, but it'd just be boring.
I love it when people do my job for me. Way to already acknowledge your flaws and laziness before stepping through the door.
Of recent years, she's been actually developing as a character through interaction with other people with roleplaying.
Can’t wait to see proof that this exists. God probably has more evidence to His existence than your character does to being interesting.
that's literally all of her personality, being a huge bitch.
This is the only thing I like about your character. I’d rather you show this through her actions or reactions rather than just telling me that she is X. Something something show don’t tell.
Physical Attributes: 4
Psychological Attributes: 2
Historical Attributes: 2
Unity: 1
No extra points.
Total: 9
Verdict:Needs an overhaul, but some fundamental details can be recycled
Looks good superficially but as soon as you go looking for any details or substance it turns into something more hollow than a cheap chocolate easter bunny. Supposedly you’ve spent a significant amount of time RP’ing with this character and you still can’t manage to regurgitate whatever forum vomit you participated in on this sheet? I wish I could take points away just to tell you to change your attitude and put more effort into your character than your character is putting into their life.
Fucks sake.
Last update on September 5, 6:57 pm by Starlit Spackle.