Canterlot Avenue requires Javascript to run properly. Make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
.Post in Christmas & New Year Event 2019
I'm stifled in terms of art, so I'm just gonna write, I'm good at it. I got two New Year's resolutions: The first is to stop being such a bitch on all fronts. I mean it forreal-both in terms of attitude, and in terms of fear. Sometimes these are connected. I am mean or treat people a certain way because I believe that friendship won't last and that I'm not a great person. But perhaps I just have too much trauma I can't let go of and need to, in order to move forward. So many people here have reached out to me and made friendships. I love you all...thank you for putting up with me. And in addition, I am going to stop holding back in terms of making myself look and feel the best I can-which leads to my second point-positivity. No more suicide jokes, no more self-deprecating jokes, no more negative outlook. And I expect the best from everyone else too. We're all going to lift each other up. I look forward to bringing you all more exciting RP and terrible memes in the future, thanks for being here with me.
frosty went and made this basalt face a while ago, resizing blobbed her signature, sorry frosty //the whole >40 hours a week, home upkeep, and 10 credit hours a semester thing is kind of killing me, but that's okay. //kind of a 3-for-1 on the resolution. when my pops died, i lost my motivation to learn polish, but i started picking up ASL last year, and i'm working/schooling so hekken much, i may as well go whole ham on learning polish, ASL, and nursing courses. make me a right proper educated gentleman while i'm at it, why not? //i wasn't doing very much miniature painting anyways, but, hey, let's see if i can't get my knight preceptor canis rex fully magnetized and painted before 2021, be a shame if his battle brothers never got their fire support.
Blueberry
.Post in Christmas & New Year Event 2019
I have a few of New Year's Resolutions. This next year I will be working to master the art of conflict resolution. It has been a skill I've started learning as a manager, and it has been a crucial part of my day-to-day life. Second, I will learn to speak at least one more language by the end of 20200. I have Spanish, American Sign Language, Dutch, and Tagalog as my top choices. Lastly, I will get more involved wherever I am. I still have social anxiety and tend to fall back when I get too anxious, so I'll work to confront those anxieties so I can be more outgoing and engaging especially in sites like this one. I've made a lot of progress over the last year, and I intend to keep growing.
First off, quick New Year's resolution tip: Keep your goals specific, and start your sentences with "I will". Instead of saying "I plan on loosing weight," say something like "I will start running five miles a week" or "I will only eat 2,000 calories a day". This helps you by giving you a specific task to focus on, and internalizes the goal as part of your routine instead of being a vague promise of something you want to do eventually. And with that out of the way, here's my highest priority resolution for the next three months: I will create a simple portfolio website to demonstrate that I am capable of using HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, and JavaScript in web design (plus whatever technologies I discover I will need along the way). This website won't be a huge passion project, rather the website will be a demo to show that I understand concepts essential to modern web development (Responsive Design, C.R.U.D, etc...). Since I have historically dived head first into programming projects with little to no planning, I will spend the first two weeks of January planning the site. Since I literally just got prescribed ADHD medication for the first time like 12 hours before writing this, I'll set reminder bot on discord now to remind me in a week and a half to assess the effects of the medication and create a more concrete time investment plan based on what seems reasonable after understanding the drug's effects on my mind, and another reminder in three weeks to assess if that time investment is working.